We are here to support our English learner students and families. We welcome the entire school community to the fun multi-cultural events that we host.
PDF Presentation from the
April 20, 2022 PTA Meeting
Role of the ELAC
ELAC provides parents of English learners with the opportunities to:
- Learn about programs offered at school
- Work with the principal and School Site Council (SSC) on effective programs and services to support English learners
- Work with the principal and SSC on the development of services for English learners in the Balanced Score Card/Single Plan for Student Achievement (BSC/SPSA)
- Assist in the development of the school’s needs assessment and efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance
- Send information via a site representative to DELAC (District English Learner Advisory Committee).
ELAC acts in an advisory capacity and not a decision-making body, but it is the voice of the English learner community.